Health & Ed 4 Nepal is a non-profit, tax exempt corporation. Created to assist the dream of a Nepalese guide, Jagat Lama: to develop a self-sustaining medical hospital, and supporting health and educational opportunities for the neglected and marginalized people in his home community of Kumari, Nepal.
- Grand reopening of Clinic after earthquake
- Sukaman Clinic in Kumari expenses (staff salaries, medicines, lab test, support for those that can’t pay)
- Purified water to the clinic and a school is completed.
- Shree Bikash Lower Secondary school, Kumari-5 Nuwakot phase to add additional classrooms is being completed.
- Grant to Medical mission in Spring 2017
- Grant to intern at Colorado School of public Health at the University of Northern Colorado to work in Kumari.
- Scholarships for education
- Micro Loans/ Grants to assist people in Kumari out of poverty.
2018 brings opportunities for health and nutrition
Rebuilding of infrastructure after the 2015 earthquakes is being complete in 2017. 2018 is focused on sustainability of clinic, and basic health and nutrition education in the Kumari . Health and Ed 4 Nepal has been given a pledge for matching funds for 2018:
Sorenson Legacy Foundation will contribute matching funds of $21,000 per year for three years for clinic operations and sustainability programs.
Education donor will contribute matching funds for $9,000 towards health and nutrition education programs for prenatal, postnatal through early school years.
With the matching funds every dollar being contributed will go twice as far to help with.
- Sustaining of clinic
- Surgical help for women’s needs (prolapsed uterus surgery)
- Clinic Medical / educational outreach program from the clinic
- School nutrition program
- Scholarships and micro loans for education and income opportunities
30,149 total views, 32 views today