Health & Ed 4 Nepal is a non-profit, tax exempt corporation created to assist the dream of a Nepalese guide, Jagat Lama: to develop a self-sustaining medical facility and supporting educational opportunities for his home community in Kumari, Nepal. Since its inception in 2009, Health & Ed 4 Nepal has made great strides to improve the plight of the Tamang tribe in Kumari. In the picture captions are some of our accomplishments so far:
A big thanks to all those who helped with Water Project:
Land with water has been purchase and activity to bring purified water to both the school and Clinic is underway by Blue Elephant. to Further the use of the water a cantina is proposed for the school. Additional funds would be used toward a cantina.
One year after the Nepal Earthquake
On April 23-25, 2016 one year after the earthquake on April 23,2015 the new school will be opened at Shree Bikash Lower Secondary School , Kumari-5 Nuwakot. Thanks to “Trekking for kids partnering with Health and Ed 4 Nepal” providing funds and Kumari people providing the will to rebuild.
- The Clinic has been rebuilt
- The Mothers center has been rebuilt
- Food, blankets, tarps, and medical supplies have been supplied to thousands of families.
- Building materials for hundreds of families.
- Road repaired
Still to be done:
- Micro loan center, staff shelter, kitchen, rebuilt
- School fence and retaining wall.
- Additional rooms for the school to be built
7,160 total views, 6 views today